Tony Iommi Custom SG By Jaydee:
The SG has been around for forty years or more. During this period it has undergone a few design changes that have not always been in its favour. Yet, it has still become a favourite with many guitarists who have kept the interest in this instrument alive.
One such musician is Tony Iommi of "Black Sabbath" I met Tony Iommi in the early 70's while working with John Birch. Tony had a left handed SG special which had the most amazing body contours that were so pronounced, I must admit, I did copy them, and have done ever since. I believe this is what an SG should look like.
- Double octave ebony fret board. Joins body at 22nd fret
- Mother of pearl crucifix inlays
- Three or five piece laminated neck for strength and rigidity
- Solid Brazilian mahogany body
- Spertzel /Schaller machine heads
- Fully bound neck and headstock
- Slim fast low action neck
- Two Custom made "Jaydee" High performance pick-ups
- Combination Bridge and tailstock with micro tune or Standard Tune o, matic and stop bar tail piece
- Standard control arrangement: Two-volume, two tone controls and pick-up selector
- Power boost optional
- Finished in Cherry Red or Black